It is needless to say that each item must be carefully chosen in order to provide comfort and 100% usability.
Washing fruits, preparing a soup or washing dishes are all activities that require the use of your sink.
Best Kitchen Faucets Reviews
While trying to picture such actions you can realize the importance of choosing the right faucet.
Just imagine how frustrating it is when you try to rinse a large bowl of fruits and the faucet is too low and you have to pick each fruit in order to be able to wash it.
On the other hand having a high faucet in a kitchen where you do not plan to cook is also useless and unaesthetic.
6 Types of Kitchen Faucets:
So whether you plan to redecorate your kitchen, equip it from scratch or just make minor changes the broad range of kitchen faucets can be overwhelming.
They come in various designs and shapes so it can be quite hard choosing the one that in not only beautiful but also useful. In order to be able to take the right decision it is important to know that there are 6 types of kitchen faucets:
- Single handle- This type of faucet has only one handle for both hot and cold water. It is the most simple and commonly found type.
- Pullout- The end of the faucet is detachable so you can use it to wash even the most hard to reach spaces of you dishes. It is a great choice for families with small children.
- Two handle- This type of facet has different handles for hot and cold water. In order to adjust an appropriate temperature you need to use both handles.
- Two handle wall mount- In order to save more space in your sink and if the design of the furniture allows, you can opt for a faucet that can be fixed directly on the wall. The best thing about this design is the fact that you can place it as high as you wish.
- Water filtration- If you plan to drink water direct from the faucet than you may consider buying such product. The end of it has a filter that blocks impurities providing clean and fresh water.
- Pot fillers- Such faucets are exclusively for cooking enthusiastic people. They can be mounted anywhere around the kitchen but the most common place is above the stove. They are very useful as you do not need to worry anymore about carrying heavy pots and kettles in order to fill them with water.
The Best Kitchen Faucets Available Today
It is easier to find the right faucet for your kitchen when you know the main qualities of a certain type. In order to make things easier you can find below a top five best kitchen faucets reviews.
Top 1 – Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Arctic Stainless
Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Arctic Stainless is a well made faucet with a traditional design.
This faucet is easy to install so you do not need to call a professional. You just need to be careful to completely turn off the water as the handle easily rotates from one corner to another as well as up and down.
In case it leaks feel free to use silicone grease and you can fix the problem in no time.
This faucet has 1 or 3 holes installation so it works just fine for any type of sink. It is based on Diamond Seal Technology with 7-7/8” aerator clearance. The great thing about this product is the fact that it can support 1.8 gallons per minute.
Top 2 – Pfister G133-10SS Pfirst Series Single Handle 1 or 3-Hole Pull-Out Lead Free Kitchen Faucet, Stainless Steel
Pfister G133-10SS Pfirst Series Single Handle 1 or 3-Hole Pull-Out Lead Free Kitchen Faucet, Stainless Steel is easy to install and very practical. The all-in-one pull out sprayer is extremely handy for kitchen use.
Even if it is not an expensive product (you can purchase it for about $88) it is durable.
This is a single handled faucet that has a pullout sprayer. It is easy to use and extremely comfortable for washing dishes. You do not need to worry about leaks as the product includes a ceramic disc valve.
Top 3 – LightInTheBox Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Two Swivel Spouts
LightInTheBox Pre-rinse Spring Kitchen Faucet, Chrome is a one whole single-handed kitchen faucet. Even if it is made of solid materials, it is important to know that you will not find anything made of cheap plastic inside it.
It is also extremely easy to install. The water pressure is very strong so it is a true helping hand for washing dishes. You may encounter some problems with the hoses as they can only be connected to 1/2 shutoff valve.
This faucet is designed for heavy duty use. The brass construction is very solid due to the multi-layer chrome finish. The swivel spring can rotate 360 degrees and the spout is retractable.
According to your needs you can choose from two different spouts: spray or aerated stream.
Top 4 – LightInTheBox Contemporary Waterfall Bathroom Sink Faucet (Chrome Finish)
LightInTheBox Contemporary Waterfall Bathroom Sink Faucet (Chrome Finish) is a faucet specially designed for the bathroom. It has a luxurious look and it is made of solid materials.
Unfortunately it does not come with specific instruction so you may need to call for a professional to fix it for you. You may also encounter leaking problems if the faucet is not mounted well.
The fact that it is a waterfall bathroom faucet it provides more comfort while taking a bath. As it has only one handle it can be adjusted easily by hand or even by foot. This faucet is only 120 mm height so it does not occupy much space.
Top 5 – LightInTheBox Single Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet with Versatile Sprayhead, Chrome
LightInTheBox Single Handle Centerset Pull Out Faucet with Versatile and Swivel Sprayhead, Chrome is a product that not only looks great but also works well.
The handle has a foam cushion that makes it easy to use. The main parts and supply parts are made of materials of high quality even if the price is not exorbitant.
Many people have encountered some problems when they tried to install this faucet so if you do not have some basic knowledge regarding such activity it is better to ask for professional support.
The design of the faucet makes it durable and perfect for crowded kitchens. It has a modern look that looks great in kitchens with contemporary designs. The pull out spray includes a 59 inch hose that provides about 15 inch reach.
Establish Your Budget
There is an important rule each person must follow when going shopping. It is so general that it applies in any situation.
So the first thing you need to do when you start looking for a kitchen faucet is to establish the budget. There are many products with different design, color and usability so you will definitely find one according to your kitchen style.
If we take the example of the 5 products presented above we can see that the prices range between $30.33 and $205.23.
A product that has excellent reviews is a reliable product that will definitely last longer than one that has an average level of reviews. But still price is important because we must not overcome an established budget.
When you are looking for a kitchen faucet make sure that you analyze not only the price, but also what it has to offer.
Between two similar products make sure to choose the one that has more to offer at an affordable price. It is also advisable to establish your needs before actually buying a product in order to make sure that you do not choose only according to the price.
This will help you avoid end out with an expensive product that does not match your initial plan.
Between two single handed faucets, like the ones presented above, you can choose the Pfister G133-10SS Pfirst Series Single Handle 1 or 3-Hole Pull-Out Lead Free Kitchen Faucet, Stainless Steel with $96 if you do not plan to wash big pots.
The design is not meant to support high kettles. If you have a large family and are a heavy duty cook you must definitely go for the LightInTheBox Single Handle Pull Down Pre-rinse Spring Kitchen Faucet with Two Swivel Spouts, Chrome that is cheaper, only $82.38, and can support large pots.
It is important to know that faucets that are around $50 are most probably made of plastic and may broke more easily.
This is why it is advisable to aim for a higher price especially if you plan to actually use the kitchen.
They may be a great option for families that usually eat at restaurants and only use the kitchen for spending quality time with family and friends.
As you can see usability must be the link between the price of the faucet and your needs. Do not get carried away by low or high prices as they are not the main indicator.
Also remember to look for other opinions and reviews in order to see what actual users have to say about a certain kitchen faucet.
Tips To Help You Choose Best Kitchen Faucets
As it can be seen finding the appropriate kitchen faucet is not quite an easy task.
There are things like price and usability that you need to consider. Fortunately you can find below useful tips that will help you make the best purchase for your home.
- Evaluate your current faucet. It is extremely important to evaluate the state of your current faucet in order to be able to look for best kitchen faucets. This will help you identify aspects such as: leaking, connectivity and pipes.
- Take a careful look at the existing features. Be careful to establish before purchasing a faucet if you plan to keep or change the sink. If you do not plan to buy another one than you must be careful to take specific measurements otherwise the new faucet will not fit.
- Remember to establish the type, height and handle of the new faucet. These are three important aspects that you need to know when you start looking for a new kitchen faucet. Many people tend to buy a pull-down spray attachment. If the price does not suite your needs the side-mounted spray hose works just as well. When it comes to height it is advisable to go for high-arch spouts as they are more useful due to the 10 to 18 inches free space to place your pots. The number of handles depends on the type of the faucet you prefer. Traditional ones come with two handles while modern ones with a single one.
- Make sure that the faucet matches your sink style. This is a common problem especially when people renovate their kitchen. It is sometimes more appealing to choose a certain faucet based on aspect and usability without thinking about how the sink looks. In order to achieve a clean and uniform look, the kitchen faucet must match the sink.
- Look for chrome and PVD finishes. In order to have a durable kitchen faucet than you must look for products made of chrome or with PVD finishes. This is an important aspect especially if you plan to use the kitchen intensively. Certain special finishes that are hand-applied require a more careful care and are a good option only for kitchens where cooking is not a prior activity.
- Choose an appropriate color. The faucet is an important item in your kitchen so it must definitely match the overall design. In order to be sure that you are taking the right decision you must know that you can choose from the following finishes: chrome, stainless steel, bronze, copper, nickel and black/white.
As it can be seen buying the best kitchen faucets is not an easy task. There are certain aspects that you must keep in mind in order to make sure that you have made a good choice.
Remember that the type of the faucet is extremely important in order to match your needs. This is why you need to establish first how you plan to use it and only after to actually start looking for a certain design.
Even if there are so many types and designs the right faucet for you is the one that helps you be a great chef for your family but does not empty your pockets!