Establish Your Budget
There is an important rule each person must follow when going shopping. It is so general that it applies in any situation.
So the first thing you need to do when you start looking for a kitchen faucet is to establish the budget. There are many products with different design, color and usability so you will definitely find one according to your kitchen style.
If we take the example of the 5 products presented above we can see that the prices range between $30.33 and $205.23.
A product that has excellent reviews is a reliable product that will definitely last longer than one that has an average level of reviews. But still price is important because we must not overcome an established budget.
When you are looking for a kitchen faucet make sure that you analyze not only the price, but also what it has to offer.
Between two similar products make sure to choose the one that has more to offer at an affordable price. It is also advisable to establish your needs before actually buying a product in order to make sure that you do not choose only according to the price.
This will help you avoid end out with an expensive product that does not match your initial plan.
Between two single handed faucets, like the ones presented above, you can choose the Pfister G133-10SS Pfirst Series Single Handle 1 or 3-Hole Pull-Out Lead Free Kitchen Faucet, Stainless Steel with $96 if you do not plan to wash big pots.
The design is not meant to support high kettles. If you have a large family and are a heavy duty cook you must definitely go for the LightInTheBox Single Handle Pull Down Pre-rinse Spring Kitchen Faucet with Two Swivel Spouts, Chrome that is cheaper, only $82.38, and can support large pots.
It is important to know that faucets that are around $50 are most probably made of plastic and may broke more easily.
This is why it is advisable to aim for a higher price especially if you plan to actually use the kitchen.
They may be a great option for families that usually eat at restaurants and only use the kitchen for spending quality time with family and friends.
As you can see usability must be the link between the price of the faucet and your needs. Do not get carried away by low or high prices as they are not the main indicator.
Also remember to look for other opinions and reviews in order to see what actual users have to say about a certain kitchen faucet.
Tips To Help You Choose Best Kitchen Faucets
As it can be seen finding the appropriate kitchen faucet is not quite an easy task.
There are things like price and usability that you need to consider. Fortunately you can find below useful tips that will help you make the best purchase for your home.
- Evaluate your current faucet. It is extremely important to evaluate the state of your current faucet in order to be able to look for best kitchen faucets. This will help you identify aspects such as: leaking, connectivity and pipes.
- Take a careful look at the existing features. Be careful to establish before purchasing a faucet if you plan to keep or change the sink. If you do not plan to buy another one than you must be careful to take specific measurements otherwise the new faucet will not fit.
- Remember to establish the type, height and handle of the new faucet. These are three important aspects that you need to know when you start looking for a new kitchen faucet. Many people tend to buy a pull-down spray attachment. If the price does not suite your needs the side-mounted spray hose works just as well. When it comes to height it is advisable to go for high-arch spouts as they are more useful due to the 10 to 18 inches free space to place your pots. The number of handles depends on the type of the faucet you prefer. Traditional ones come with two handles while modern ones with a single one.
- Make sure that the faucet matches your sink style. This is a common problem especially when people renovate their kitchen. It is sometimes more appealing to choose a certain faucet based on aspect and usability without thinking about how the sink looks. In order to achieve a clean and uniform look, the kitchen faucet must match the sink.
- Look for chrome and PVD finishes. In order to have a durable kitchen faucet than you must look for products made of chrome or with PVD finishes. This is an important aspect especially if you plan to use the kitchen intensively. Certain special finishes that are hand-applied require a more careful care and are a good option only for kitchens where cooking is not a prior activity.
- Choose an appropriate color. The faucet is an important item in your kitchen so it must definitely match the overall design. In order to be sure that you are taking the right decision you must know that you can choose from the following finishes: chrome, stainless steel, bronze, copper, nickel and black/white.
As it can be seen buying the best kitchen faucets is not an easy task. There are certain aspects that you must keep in mind in order to make sure that you have made a good choice.
Remember that the type of the faucet is extremely important in order to match your needs. This is why you need to establish first how you plan to use it and only after to actually start looking for a certain design.
Even if there are so many types and designs the right faucet for you is the one that helps you be a great chef for your family but does not empty your pockets!